Sunday, January 12, 2014

Accident Prone

Little Miss Chloe seems to be quite accident prone.  We have had 0 emergency type doctor visits with Carson...I've lost count with Chloe.  She has no fear and thinks she can do anything her big brother can.  Poor Carson, I ask him not to do things all the time just so his sister won't try to copy him.


In the two weeks that followed Camille's birth, Chloe dislocated her elbow (again, 3rd time) and popped her chin open and had to get stitches.  When we took her to the doctor to have her elbow fixed, he finally just taught Karl how to do it.  He wanted to save us from having to come in in the future.  And her chin, she got four stitches and then hit her chin so many times over the days that followed that she popped her stitches too.  Karl took her back to Urgent Care to redo the stitches, but it had already started to heal so they couldn't do anything.  She's going to have a nice big scar.

So after the baby was born, we had my ER visit, 2 urgent care visits for Chloe, 1 doctor visit for Chloe, and Camille's new baby check up.  We were sick of going to the doctors.


Right after Camille was born, Chloe also got the stomach flu.  There was a night where Karl had to go to class and I was left alone with all 3 kids for the first time.  Some of you experienced mothers out there may think I'm silly, but I actually felt a little nervous.  I had my 2 week old baby, Carson, and then a 2 year old with the stomach flu.  At one point in the night I was simultaneously helping Carson with his homework, feeding the baby, and comforting Chloe/holding her puke bucket in place.  At least Carson is at an age where he is usually more help than work.

But we made it.  Now all 3 kids isn't nearly as daunting...although I still dread having to take all 3 to the store.  I try to schedule all trips so that I only have one or two of the children in tow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No one's judging. Being so outnumbered is totally a source of anxiety. After Spencer was born, I opted to start doing my grocery shopping at 9:00 at night so I didn't have to bring kids with me. It makes for some tired shopping, but totally worth it. :)