I really wanted to go into labor on my own, and while my doctor left the ultimate decision up to me, after I was a week late he recommended I get induced. There were several pros and cons he and I weighed. His main concern was that this baby would be as large or larger than Chloe. Chloe had shoulder dystocia and he was worried about that. The baby hadn't even dropped or anything so he was also a little worried that she was telling us she wasn't going to fit. I wasn't showing any signs of upcoming labor (no dilation, etc.) so that was the con. He said he normally wouldn't induce someone unless they were already starting the process. I decided to go ahead and get the baby out.
I went in for induction on the 6th (at night). Then the baby arrived on Thursday, January 7th. The induction went well. It was my epidural that stunk. Just a lot of things went wrong. At first it wasn't covering the pain (still breathing through contractions), then they made me sooo numb I couldn't move basically. I was numb from my toes to my chest. They sat me up and then forgot to hold on to me. I fell back on the bed because I literally had no abdominal muscles. The anesthesiologist just stood there looking concerned...very comforting. Then he told me I had a "wet tap." This means he nicked my spinal dura and I was leaking spinal fluid.
After labor he did a blood patch to fix the wet tap. After a few days, it became clear it didn't work. My spinal headache was a literal nightmare. After a trip back to the hospital and another blood patch (which means another epidural needle inserted), my spinal head ache started to go away. I've never had a migraine, so it's hard to compare, but the pain was pretty unbearable. I tried to take a shower before going back to the hospital and my head hurt so bad I just stood there and cried. At least there was relief when I laid down. All nursing was done laying down. It made me so mad. I just wanted to hold and look at my baby, but tilting my head down hurt too bad. At least it got resolved!
So baby #3 joined us. Her name is Camille Reese. She was 9 lbs 3 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. But I think the hospital rushed in measuring her and she was actually longer. Carson was 21 1/2 and he fit in newborn sized clothes just fine. I couldn't get her long body in anything newborn sized.
One of my favorite things was she would eat and then enter her milk stupor sleep. During this sleep, she'd just smile and smile. Sometimes little grins, sometimes big open mouthed smiles. It made me smile each time. She has a cute little dimple on her left cheek.
Carson and Chloe adjusted to her well. They are both very sweet to her. Carson seems to like having a little responsibility over her. He'll volunteer to keep an eye on her as I go to bathroom, etc. Chloe wants to hold her all the time and says "I hold it, my sister." She often calls her "my baby my sister." It melts my heart. No jealousy issues (yet).
While I hate my double chin, I do think this picture is funny. I was so tired and we happened to be in the same position.
No comments:
Post a Comment