Friday, June 25, 2010

Carson is 3!

How did this happen? How is my little baby 3 and walking and talking (and sometimes talking back)? I'll look at his little baby pictures and I can't believe how big he is. I know most moms say this - but it's true.

He got donuts in the morning, as tradition. Then we threw Carson a pirate themed party. We had it up at Karl's parents house and invited a bunch of family. I made an awesome pirate cake. We got bandanas, eye patches, and mustaches and made everyone look the part for the scavenger hunt (that picture will be coming later). It was a pretty dang good bash. I also thoroughly enjoyed talking like a pirate all night long - scallywag, scurvy dog, land lubber, etc.

Oh - and I also made awesome invitations. I can't find it at the moment - but they were full of pirate lingo. I burnt the edges and crinkled them up to make them look old.

Carson is becoming quite the bed time procrastinator. He comes up with all sorts of excuses and knows how to butter me up with his little grin and saying "I love you mommy" and "Stay with me...just a little bit". Last night he came to find me and told me there was a monster ghost lion in his room.

He is also extremely sweet. The day after his birthday I woke up to him scratching my head and rubbing my hair gently. When I looked up at him he just said "You're welcome." Oh, I was thinking - my son is so sweet. Then I looked at the clock...5:30 am on a Saturday. No, you're welcome was not the appropriate thing to say.

No comments: