Carson: "No, mom. I want to look at my body."
Me: "Oh, OK. Where's your belly button?"
Carson: "Right here" (pointing to his belly button). He then pointed to his nipples and said "What are these?"
Me: "Those are your nipples. They are part of your body."
Carson: "Oh my...middles...my...dimples?" (Carson attempting to say nipples)
Me: "Yep"
Carson:...long pause..."Santa brought them?"
Me: (laughter) "No, Santa didn't bring them."
Carson:...another long pause..."Jesus brought them?"
Me: "Yes, Jesus brought them."
Carson: (big smile on his face) "Oooohhhh. Look Mom, my body's happy. It's perfect."
Me: (smiling so big it hurts) "Yes, your body's perfect."
Carson: "Look Mom, my back...it's got shoulders. Just like Daddy."
Me: "Yep, just like Daddy."
Carson then gave me a big hug and kiss and said "I love you too Mommy." (even though he said it first).
How can you have a kid this sweet and not love your life. Oh, and I can't help but laugh at how a three year old puts Santa and Jesus in the same boat. In his mind they are both unseen figures who love him. I'm sure the difference will begin to clear up as he grows.
When I was teaching dance, I had one five year old student who was just precious. She had a Velma haircut and big thick glasses and I loved her to death. Five year olds love to spout off random facts about themselves during a dance class. One day she said "Sometimes, my mom loves me so much she cries." It was so sweet. Being a mother now I can totally relate. Sometimes I just love my little guy so much, it makes me quite teary. It's sweet moments like last night that help me build up patience for the next not so sweet night. There are a billion funny conversations lately, but I have a feeling my blogging wouldn't do them justice.
2 comments:
Such a cutie pie...must be hard not to eat him up every once in a while.
That conversation just made my night. Especially the detail about you smiling so big it hurt. What a great conversation and proof of his innocent, big heart.
Your quilts look amazing!
PS Can I borrow your new cute dress so I can go home early from church?
Post a Comment