Monday, August 1, 2011

Good Riddance!

I bought a car the summer of 2002.  I worked all summer to save up and my dad helped me too.  I bought a 1995 Hyundai Accent with 80k miles for $3,300 two days before I left to go back to BYU.  It was a stick shift and I had never driven one before (driving it to BYU was quite the adventure).  This was the summer before I met Karl and we got married in 2003.  This little Accent has been one of our cars until last month...when it finally died.  It had 195k miles on it.  Did I also mention that it didn't have AC?  I had no clue I'd be moving to AZ when I bought it.  Karl has suffered through 5 summers with that car.  So we got a new car last month and traded in the Accent.  They gave us $500 for it (they originally offered $300 but we negotiated to the real worth of the car).  I took some pictures of it so we will never forget that wonderful car. Isn't she a beauty?

No comments: