Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Note: I have posts concerning our recent vacation to Seattle...but that will have to be a different day...it's 1 am.

Karl and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this week. Well..."celebrated" is an overstatement. We didn't really do much. We are going out tomorrow though so that should make up for it. I can't believe it's been 8 years. I was looking through some old pictures and came across our engagement photos. Behold the glory below.


I think a picture like this deserves a moment of silence......... .......... . First of all, look how skinny we were. Karl looks like a baby to me. I always think he looks the same now as the day we got married but then you look at a picture and its like "oh, wait, we have gotten older." I was rocking a killer hairdo back then. I hadn't quite learned the meaning of "no midriff" yet. I mean, I was there in spirit, but I would all too soon learn that it had to be 100%. Also, I still have those shoes in my closet...perhaps I should get rid of those now. Thank goodness Karl doesn't still have those shoes in his closet. Leather man sandals are never a good idea. Anyway, that's when we got engaged.

Here is our wedding day...


Here is us now...(well, a few months ago before I got huge pregnant...I didn't want to burn your eyes out).


I feel very lucky to be married to such a wonderful man. He is an awesome husband and father. At this time in our life, I am especially grateful for all the home tasks he's willing to do (cleaning, cooking, meal planning, child rearing). That may sound menial, but most moms know what work it is and I can't express how grateful I am for all the little things he does. He treats our marriage as an equal partnership and we counsel together is almost everything. We both have different strengths and thus are able to help each other become better people. We got engaged after three months of dating and then got married four months later...yes, we were one of those BYU couples. I look back to the day we got married and think "there is soooo much I didn't know about you on that day." But I knew I was doing the right thing and had no doubts going into the temple with him. I feel so blessed for personal revelation. So here's to eight years. I'm sure in another 8 years I'll have learned a whole lot more about him (and probably myself as well).

No comments: