Monday, June 13, 2011

Promotion!

I am slowly picking away at the things about which I need to blog. (or in American-ese “I am slowly picking away at the things I need to blog about.”)

Side note: As a teenager, my mother drilled into me the “never end a sentence with a preposition” rule – both when speaking and writing. There are several of these rules that I’ll never forget because of the constant reminders from mom. I know I sometimes get it wrong…(and sometimes I just don’t care), but the thought always crosses my mind.

I thought I would do a real quick blog to announce that I just got promoted at work. As of July, I will now be a Senior Accountant at Moss Adams instead of a Staff Accountant. For non-accounting people, a public accounting firm is made up of five levels (staff, senior, manager, senior manager, and partner). It feels good to be promoted and I look forward to taking on new challenges (that’s for the people from work who read this). On a more personal note…I also look forward to seeing what the raise will be.

PS – I just Googled “preposition” to see if I had any other slip ups in this post. I think there are a LOT more prepositions than I realized. For example, “Beyond”. Way to go Buzz Light Year…you have every little boy in America ending their sentences with prepositions. The shame of it.

2 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Congratulations!!!

mandy said...

hooray... you're closer to controlling the hours you want to work!