Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pregnancy Thoughts of the Week

Just thought I'd share some of the joyous moments of my last trimester...in Arizona...with a high yesterday of 110 degrees (barf).  I can now actually feel my swollen feet jiggle as a walk on our tile.  I'm pretty sure feet should never jiggle.  I have to pee so much I find myself wishing I could just have a catheter bag.  It would be so much more convenient.  My heart burn is so bad I don't think I'll have an esophagus when this is over.  It has to have been destroyed by acid by now.  No maternity clothes are cool enough.  My belly has gotten so big I can't even fit my big t-shirts over it anymore.  Time to break out my huge shirts from the end of my last pregnancy, Men's Hanes XL.  Perfect.  It was at this point last time that I switched to permanent Crocs (totally stylish...especially with a church dress) because those were the only shoes in which I could get my fat feet.  Problem is that this time around, I have a professional job - I think they would frown on me wearing Crocs to the office.  So I squeeze my marshmallow feet/hot dog toes into low heels or fancy flats every day.  I take them off the minute I get to work and only put them back on for my 12 billion trips to the bathroom.  As you can tell, I absolutely love the third trimester in AZ.

(PS - my doctor told me to try and drink more water to reduce swelling.  Well, I'm drinking water like crazy and it only seems to add to my bathroom problem.  There is no win here).

Since I'm feeling guilty about complaining about pregnancy, here are some positive thoughts.  The baby moves a ton and it is fun to see my belly move and shift.  I am also that much closer to having this baby girl in my arms.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yea for baby coming! Sad about the AZ heat. Humid TX heat is no fun either but I don't envy your 100+ temps. Hang in there!

JLJ said...

As much as I love babies, I hate that last trimester. Good luck getting through. I loved that post on your and Karl's anniversary and enjoyed those pictures. I see my engagement pictures and have to laugh and what I thought looked good at the time. Congratulations on your promotion - that is awesome!