Carson loves helping me make dinner. He is actually quite helpful. He gets everything out of the pantry and fridge for me, he pours everything in, he's learned to stir slow at first so it doesn't go all over the counter. The only problem is he licks everything! I am constantly telling him he can't lick the spatula and that he can't stick his finger in whatever we are making. Today he kept telling me that he needed to because "he was still hungry" as he licked the ketchup residue off the measuring cup. Ahh...yes, ketchup is always my go to when I'm hungry.
The other day I turned around and he was using his finger to get the thin layer of sauce that was on top of raw chicken. I kind of hit the fan. After "scolding him" (a term used by my mother), he started crying and left the room. I could hear him saying "You are not my best mom ever." Lately he has been telling me I am the best mom ever...so I guess then I was the opposite. He then came back in the room to talk to me and said "Mom, you hurt my feelings. My heart feels sad." He is too cute. I love that he can express how he feels. I then did my best to make his heart not feel sad. He still is sampling everything we make (I try to limit it to residue on measuring items I will not be using again), but I think he has learned that raw meat is off limits.
1 comment:
That's crazy! I would have FREAKED on Evie or Emmett if they did that - good thing they haven't yet or they'd be scarred for LIFE!!! I think you handled it beautifully!
Post a Comment